Why Choose Corvinus MBA?
As the Business world turns increasingly global it is becoming more important for College graduates, Employees, and Managers to have a diverse and international business savvy and education. Budapest is centrally located in Europe and at the heart of Europe’s fastest growing business region, Central Eastern Europe, with an impressive 49 out of the Top 50 fortune 500 companies. At Corvinus, students have the unique opportunity to:
1. Gain cutting edge theory and international business knowledge from well respected and knowledgeable professionals in the business community
2. Collaborate with a culturally diverse and close-knit student body
3. Receive personal mentoring and leadership assessment
4. Choose between nationally and internationally accredited Full-Time and Executive MBA options
5. Receive a great value with no application fee, low tuition, and cost of living
6. Obtain a degree from the oldest and most prestigious business school in Hungary and the CEE Region
7. Connect with a prestigious Alumni Network and Curatorium holding commanding positions in the economic, business and political arena
8. Develop the skills necessary to launch a successful Career
9. Learn in new 21st century rooms
10. And have the option of continuing studies in pursuit of a PhD in Business Administration
The Corvinus MBA dates back to 1992 and its history can be divided into three distinct periods:
1992-1999: The MBA program was started in cooperation with the London Business School (LBS) using financial support from the British Know-How Fund. Within this framework, LBS instructors transferred their courses to the Management Development Centre (MDC), a unit of the Budapest University of Economic Sciences (our predecessor institution). This part-time program later became known as the “bilingual MBA program” although, with the exception of some electives, courses were offered only in English. Additionally, in 1994 MDC started to offer an MBA program in Hungarian. Later, in addition to the general MBA, a specialization in Telecommunications was also offered in Hungarian.
2000-2004: In 2000, the Management Development Centre became part of the Faculty of Business Administration (FBA) and continued to offer all three (bilingual, general MBA in Hungarian and MBA with Telecommunications Specialization in Hungarian) MBA programs. A decision was subsequently made to reposition the program in order to make it the best Executive MBA offering in Hungary.
2005-Present: In 2005, the Corvinus School of Management (CSM) took over all the MBA-related functions and responsibilities of MDC. CSM was charged to continue MDC’s mission and to offer the top English language Executive MBA program in Hungary, following the guidelines and requirements of the Bologna Accord and the Hungarian Higher Education Act 2005. Consequently, the curriculum was re-designed and transformed to reflect a more global world, to accomplish the strategic goals of the FBA, and to utilize Corvinus’ vast network of corporations and institutions. In order to provide an infrastructure appropriate for CSM’s mission, state-of-the-art classrooms and offices were built in the main historic building of the University. In 2015, our name has been changed from Corvinus School of Management to Corvinus MBA Center.
Read more about the history of the University by clicking here.
The Corvinus MBA degree has the best name and strongest reputation in the region. Graduates will have the opportunity to join our Alumni network. Due to the vast alumni network and “high status” of the Corvinus MBA degree, graduates will always have a significant advantage over other individuals. The Corvinus MBA is a must for career driven individuals who desire to launch or advance their career to gain attractive salaries and/or prestigious positions.